It's all Greek Yogurt to Me!!
While traditional yogurt is far from flawed, there have always been complaints about its watery taste and excess refined sugar. In fact, many traditional yogurts should rightly be labeled as junk foods because they offer little anything other than sugars. This is where the authentic Greek Yogurt comes in. Greek Yogurt is without the excess liquid (lactose) whey, yielding a more concentrated thick and creamy product. Not only the authentic Greek Yogurt differs in consistency and taste but it also has the following healthy perks.
1) HIGHER IN PROTEIN One cup of authentic Greek Yogurt contains up to 23 gr of protein. That's nearly double it's traditional counter part.
2) LOWER IN SALT with N. American diets swimming in sodium, there should always be a focus on eating foods lower in salts. Authentic Greek Yogurt contain up to 40% less sodium than traditional ones.
3) REDUCED SUGAR Authentic plain Greek Yogurt contain about half the sugar of comparative traditional yogurts.
4) THICKER - CREAMIER Many people prefer rich and creamy taste of Greek Yogurt to the watery style of traditional yogurt.
5) LIVE (active) PROBIOTIC CULTURES. Although the same can be said of various traditional yogurts, Greek Yogurt contain a full complement of healthy probiotic bacterial count.